LM4780 Single side PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is mine. Meant for 2chs and parallel and bridged.
Cut the pcb at appropriate length as required

Gajanan Phadte

Attachments

• 4780 .jpg
    4780 .jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 564
Hi Bill, nice pcb work you have done. I'm aware of that it isn't nice to ask for files needed to import the design into Eagle, but I do it anyway. It would spare me a lot of time. If you think I'm rude a nice NO would do. Give me an e-mail if you don't want to answer in the thread.

Regards
/Andy

PierreG wrote
Thank you Gajanan.
1- What plan did you use?
2- Do yiu have the silkscreen?
3- Did you made it, and did it work?

I have modified this from an earlier thread, and there is a thread at
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53526

The one I have shown is improved for all purpose.

What plan... I have no pcb design software on this mac, and the demo eagle does not work on my, one step less OS. It is an artwork on Mac word. So just use it and follow the ways it is done. Read Big PAPAs comment and u will know.
Don't worry, it works, but u have to trace the component location from other post in the earlier thread stated above.

This design is a further modification to accomodate all the three ways...2chs, parallel and bridged.

Gajanan Phadte

I have a lot of experience with the LM4780 and have found that using the basic reference design circuit from the datasheet works OK, but the amps can oscillate and shut down when driven hard.

You should add the compensation circuitry that is shown in Figure 5 of the datasheet (Special Audio Amplifier Application Circuit, page 7). You will need to add 2 caps and a resistor for each channel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.