Need help to connect my Noble pot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I want to install a nobble pot in my DIY amp. I'm new to electronic DIY and it look like my understanding of the drawing I have is not good. :bawling:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The IN is surely for the + of each channel, but I need to know where to connect the -. I connected it to the right pin (center tap) and the Noble pot don't work as expected (start loud, fade and start going louder :xeye: ) & if I connect the RCA plug I get no sound, If I pull them in a way that only the + is connected, then I get good sound. So, the problem is probably with the - connection. Maybe the arrow of the left pins represent the ground ? It start to make sence to me ;) Then I'll have to solder the - there.

Thanks !

Daniel

chipco3434 said:
The pins should be marked 1-4 and 5-8 for the two channels.
Pins 1 and 5 are not connected. 2 & 6 are signal in, 3 & 7 are signal out. Pins 4 & 8 go to ground.
Hi,

thanks a lot !

The pins are not marked, but your description correspond to what I was expecting as answer. So, I'll give it a try and will let you know if it work well !

Thanks again !

Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.