My Polished Aluminum & Marble GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is beautiful!

Since so many people have complimented you (including me), hopefully you won't mind a small criticism on the esthetics. IMO, the distance from the left-most of the knob to the left edge should have been the same as the distance from the right-most of the switch (even though they are not the same size).

One of the most stunning amps I've ever seen was a japanese amp with 2 knobs, one small and one large. I'm sorry I don't remember the name, but I think the same guy made interconnects that had natural fabric as isolation if anyone here knows.

Aside from this tiny point, a stunning amp. Congradulations! I'm sure the weight of the marble helps the case vibrations.

Jamh,

Thank you for the compliment and your critique.

i laid out the hole spacing before i acutally made the knob.

I thought about making it more symetrical but i liked the look of the knob further from the edge and i kept the swith close to the side for turning off in the dark. that way you just feel the edge of the amp and flick your thumb.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.