Another finished brianGT GC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I was building my passive preamp:
isoetu90.jpg

I called Alumiinikilpi Oy Tuukkanen. They said it would cost 15 € at most to anodize all the parts. Eventually I desided not to anodize the parts because in my opinion the enclosure looks better this way. Someone might think otherwise... Unfortunately unanodized aluminium is soft and scratches easily. Only the back plate is anodized for better durability.

Here's a few more pics:
in finnish
http://kotiweb.kotiportti.fi/audiovideo/DIY/DACT/esivahvistin.html
in english
http://kotiweb.kotiportti.fi/audiovideo/DIY/preamp1/

Edit: by the way, I used acid-proof steel screws. They look awesome with aluminium. They are normally very expensive but you can find cheap ones in Biltema.

You can see normal screws in the bottom plate and acid-proof steel screws on top plate. No question which type of screw matches better with aluminium :D

filholder said:
Got to say that is one superb looking peice of DIY mate.
How does it sound.

One thing i would say is that it might be an idea to try some better quailty interconnect leads. You seem to be using some pretty bog standar one.

Thanks mate:)
It sounds pretty nice. A couple of weeks of burning in and/or adding a zobel network afterwards, really improved the sound from the beginning. Now I really like it.

I'm planning to get some better ICs, but since I'm pretty sceptical on this cable issue, I haven't gotten myself to do it yet. But I guess better shielding could reduce the humming...

DIAR said:
I called Alumiinikilpi Oy Tuukkanen. They said it would cost 15 € at most to anodize all the parts.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to contact them if I ever finish my second project. I'm planning to build an enclosure, where the front plate would be welded to the top plate, like in the densen products: www.densen.dk
I'll just have to learn to weld aluminum first:rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.