AC filter, a tested and true method?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im building my first gainclone based on Brain's LM3875 boards. I am now studying the power section and would like to integrate some kind of RFI AC filter. I am planning on using a single Hammond 225VA 22V 10.22A (182P22) toroid. I will be driving 8 ohm speakers.

I have found a few different IEC connectors with integrated filters. Digikey has a whole range of series (EF, GG, etc). What i was wondering is how high a current rating do i need? Reading in the data sheet for the GG series, it recommends only using the 6A filter if needed, since the 3A and 1A offer better performance. Why is this? What amount of peak current will my amp be drawing and are any of these filters appropriate. I dont want the filter to be a power bottleneck, i want it to improve the quality of the AC juice pumped into my amp without causing sideffects!

What are you guys using to filter you AC current, any tested and true methods appropriate for a newbie?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.