gainclone with tube preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Presently, I've 3 gainclones made by different people. All work fine with a passive preamp, but only one gainclone is buzz free when used with a tube preamp. I've tried two tube preamps: Audible Illusions3 & Mapletree Ultra4. The maker of the gainclone that does not buzz is not sure exactly why his works with tube preamps, but speculates that he had a bit of buzz when he had a 47k input load rating, but now uses a 100k input. Any ideas about this? or similar experiences with a tube preamp?

I think, you can give you the answer yourself:

Just analyze the grounding scheme of this three amps and compare.

I am quite sure, the solution is in the grounding of the not humming amp.

Regards
Franz

/EDIT: You should not ask the producer of the perfect amp, what could be wrong with the other ones :smash:

Maybe this page/link below might help, I've updated it recently.

members.ozemail.com.au/~lisaras/ps.htm

If you follow the grounding suggestions here exactly, I can almost guarantee that earth induced buzzes will be solved. I say almost only just to cover myself as I cannot actually be there.

Joe R.

"I wouldn't be so paranoid if everybody didn't hate me." - Frank Burns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.