CMOY! Help a Newb, Feel Good About Yourself

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh, man. The symptoms you're describing sound exactly like what I was getting when I was working on my first one. The answer is probably not your problem, givin that you're far from being an amateur, but it came down to the wire I was using to go from my CD player to the amp input jack. It was a standard 1/8 mini to mini, except it only had one ring on the tip: it was mono. I switched it out for a cable with two rings on the tip and the damn thing sprang to life. Again, probably not your problem, but what you're describing matches so closely I though it was worth mentioning.

Provided that that is not the problem, can you post a pic of the PCB you're using? I always just use protoboard...

ALSO, moreoever, where exactly are you? Have you wired up the input/output jacks yet? Do you have a pot or LED in there? Is it in the chassis yet? Or are you still in testing with alligator clips?

Thank you for replying Wyloch!

I'll swap my cable none the less, it's from Ratshack and I figure it's been screwing up the audio for my tuner card.

I'm at about the 7th rebuild of the circuit, I have everything on my breadboard (no pcb or proto yet), so I can easily swap and make adjustments, measurements, etc.

Not sure if this will help, but throwing in a sine wave (full blast, 0dB. 100Hz.) input voltage = 0.678V (pin 3), pin 2 (inverting input) ~ 0.330V and pin 1 (output) ~0.0166V. This is definitely not gaining at all.

I'll be back!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.