"El Cheapo" DVD candidates thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bricolo
Yes. In fact, there are firmware upgrades available which bring SACD capability to players on the market if there is a supporting chipset. In the case of your computer's DVD player, the software decoding the playback is responsible for this and not the player. Whatever software you use to decode the SACD recording, the OPU on the player should be able to read the pits on it and send data to it.

yldouright said:
demogorgon
Well, we really need a first hand assessment of the mechanical qualities. As carlosfm pointed out in the "Super Cheap" DVD thread, what's the point of putting the time and money into modding a player if the switches and transports fail the day after you make it sound perfect?!

yes, offcource you are totally right, but I din't have any super cheap dvd's lying around to check out, so i try to contribute what i can find out.

cheers!
marius

Modded Pioneer DV-575A

Konnichiwa,

It seems the darn eytalians are again ahead of everyone else....

Here is a 575 modded by Labtek:

http://www.labtek.it/it/dept_9.html

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Someone was even kind enough already to take a snap of the insides of the modded unit....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Has anyone here actually got a 575? The reviews I noticed suggested that the firmware when they shipped had loads of missing features and bugs.....

Sayonara

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.