Projects for next hollidays (the world smallest VBITNGC??)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Franz-

Holly cow!!

Earlier today you posted the following:

"I am preparing a pcb and of course: fitting in all parts will be a challenge, as I did not find any SMD tube sockets .

Franz"

And now you have a completed PCB!!

That was like 6 hr service? How did you have it made so quickly, and did you have extra made?

And now you have a completed PCB!!

That was like 6 hr service? How did you have it made so quickly, and did you have extra made?

I made it in the meantime! Recycled another board in Corel Draw, printing on glossy ink jet paper with the laserprinter, transfering with the iron, edging (wrong word?) with "Eisenchlorid III" (dont know the word).

And this will be the power humpty:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Good Night!
Franz

Edit: Wanna see the board? Not professional, but it will work:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Heureka!

Dreaming last night, I remembered this Revox M40 Stereoamp:

Thats it!

Just "lift" the tube socket, fix it with a screw and a distant holder (maybe enforced with some epoxy) on the board, an win space for resistors and coupling caps!

This gives me several other advantages:

- There is a central screw, to fix the board at the box :)
- The space on the pcb, formerly planned for the coupling caps can now be used for connector pins for the PSU.
- more space for a better grounding scheme (I was unhappy with the first design)
- no more direct heated chips and caps, as the tube is completely outside of the box

This is the better pcb-layout:

BTW: how can you post thumbnail pictures, that enlarge by clicking on it?

Franz

Like this?
You can host pics here then if you wanted:
http://imageshack.us/index3.php

Nice projects BTW!

Thought you were gonna back off from gainclones since beeing at the european triode festival with Hiraga and the guys!? (just read the report)

And yes Lindt is my absolute favourite.
After that I prefer Thorntons from the UK.
(almost missed my last flight buying some fudge of them):D

Jens

Yes, this must be confusing: In fact, I learned at the ETF, that I really prefer tube amps! And with my latest PL519 amp, I have a very very very good amp!

But it is fun, to build such a small amp like this mini gainclone! Maybe, 47labs will clone this one?

Next project will be the 6S45 SPUD.

BTW: I dont like imageshack, specially not the pop up windows, following. Sorry!

Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Franz

Don't copy my PCB, as there are at least two errors on it:

- one pin for the poti at the wrong place
- forgot the input resistors :smash:

Both problems could be solved (the input resistor in series with the coupling C under the tube socket, the poti with a little bit wire.

Standing on the future powerhumpty. Maybe attach a small anodized frontplate?

Inside, view under the socket.

Franz

Great design Franz!I like that tight assembly.have you power on this amp?how about its sound?

Franz G said:
I made it in the meantime! Recycled another board in Corel Draw, printing on glossy ink jet paper with the laserprinter, transfering with the iron, edging (wrong word?) with "Eisenchlorid III" (dont know the word).
I guess the process of your craft pcb just like this
url,right? ;)

cheers
digi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.