Procranstinator needs HELP with Peter Daniel GC enclosure! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th December 2004, 01:53 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Procranstinator needs HELP with Peter Daniel GC enclosure!

OK, between travelling to exotic locations like China, Germany and South Georgia for work, moving, and trying to finish a basement, I haven't been able to put together my gainclone I bought over the summer. Actually, the PCBs are all assembled, but the enclosure isn't assembled. This is for a Christmas present, so I now have 3 or 4 evenings with which to wrap this thing up. Two questions:

1) Was there ever a "how to" published with pictures? I'm not bad at just guessing, but at this point, mis-assembling something and having to take it apart could be the difference between getting it done before or after Christmas.

2) Are there any "standard" feet that people have used on these, as opposed to the brass cones? The person I'm giving it to is not an audiophile, and I don't think would appreciate the pointy things poking holes in the top of his other components.

Thanks for any help you all might be able to provide!

Paul
Old 20th December 2004, 02:06 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
There was never an intention to publish a manual for that chassis, but I hope that the posts in the following links will be helpful in assembling the hole thing:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...356#post419356
Clone of a gainclone ;)
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...223#post424223
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...959#post403959

As to your second question, any rubber, metal or wood feet will be suitable. The holes are made to accept M6x1 thread, but you can also retap it to 1/4" or use nuts with smaller size screws.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC

Hide this!Advertise here!