Opa549 & Opa541

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all GC DIYer's,
Im busy making my OPA549 and OPA541 PCB's and im using 20k/1.4k
for the feedback network.
i have a 100k resistor then a 4.7uF NP cap and then 20k resistor all at the input (cheak the board to understand better) i would like to have insted of the 100k a 47k resistor, and maby chang the 20k to a 22k resistor (like on the LM38xx chips) is this ok to do? and should i also chang the feedback network resistor to other valuse?

Thanks,
Kinser

Attachments

• opa549 -1.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 231
kinser said:

Im busy making my OPA549 and OPA541 PCB's and im using 20k/1.4k
for the feedback network.
i have a 100k resistor then a 4.7uF NP cap and then 20k resistor all at the input (cheak the board to understand better) i would like to have insted of the 100k a 47k resistor, and maby chang the 20k to a 22k resistor (like on the LM38xx chips) is this ok to do? and should i also chang the feedback network resistor to other valuse?

Except if you are going to use the OPA549 to power a sub, you should be careful with that gain setting.

You can not use the same circuit on the OPAs as you do on the LM38xx, because they have less bandwidth gain.

Try something close to 10x gain, as the examples you can see on the datasheet. Or be ready to change that on the pcb when you are doing your listening tests.

Carlos

hey could u send me a schematic and a black and white pcb layout in jpg format. i have both opa541 and 549 and i am plannin to use them to power my sub.

i am an amateur so dunno anythin technical abt this. iam just gonna make it like a jigsaw puzzle and hook it up

the sub is of approx. 12ohms and i need atleast 50w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.