Tda7293

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My son has a Marshall guitar amp thay keeps blowing fuses. It was determined that the small pc board that holds the TDA7293. Is the culprit. I assume the chip has shorted. The problem is that this little board$200.. has been replaced twice. Any ideas why this chip would blow and are their any alternatives like a stk4048?? This is getting expensive. I looks like a pain to unsolder and reinstall.

No it's not, cut away the TDA and then desolder the remaining wires. Turn the board around and make sure al holes are clear, so you can easily put a new TDA in place. Then put the new TDA in and connect it to the heatsink before you solder. After that, solder the connections.

Greetz Mark

hi

before installing the tda ,put heatsink compound (white cream) on the back of the tda because that tiny chip generates a lot of heat & thats the most common failure .
try putting a cooling fan if your son plays really LOUD or with another extension cabinet (extra speaker and lower impedance
generates more heat)

check if the tda seats very firmly on the heatsink (very important)
that tda costs around 20 bucks ,depending on your location.

richt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.