Gainclone Help Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, ive searched over and over again on this site and maybe im just stupid but i cannot find the link or site or process on how to make a gainclone. Im a newbie at this and would really like to try one of these. Can somebody link me to a site or send me info with liek schematics and part lists etc? Thanks a lot
-Steve
P.S sorry for being stupid and not being able to find it!

Get out while you can. This is addictive. The BriantGT gainclone (chipamp.com) is the crack of DIY audio. Simple to build and will lead to euphoric moods!

Don't anybody tell him about PE!

Twelve months ago I had never built anything. I read the Newark, Mouser or PE catalog before bed now.

Addictive is right.
Just over a year ago I built My first amp , Leach then I could not stop.
I have sence built the Gainclone based on BrianGts board and now a couple of JLH 10 watt monoblocks.
I would have never guessed that before the Leach I would be asking for Toroidal transformers for Christmas.:D :D :D

Serosmaness

Run. Run away as fast as you can and don't look back.

I just relegated my line arrays (my beloved lines) to the garage because the wife couldn't stand them dominating the living room any more. She then asked where all the other stuff I'm building is going to go. I told her it was small. Then I had to open my big fat mouth and tell her that I would need a separate set of floorstanders to go with my Bottlehead Foreplay and gainclone monoblocks.

I need a 12 step program or some really good midbass drivers that I can cross over to tweeters that are flat to 40 kHz.

And for my next gainclone project...

Where was I? Oh, yes. Run away fast.

Toroids for Christmas, what a great idea. I can just hear it now, "honey, what's a toroid?" "Don't worry baby, I got it covered..."

Run.

chipco3434 said:
Get out while you can. This is addictive. The BriantGT gainclone (chipamp.com) is the crack of DIY audio. Simple to build and will lead to euphoric moods!

Don't anybody tell him about PE!

Twelve months ago I had never built anything. I read the Newark, Mouser or PE catalog before bed now.

This is bad -- in the early 1960's I used to take the Allied Radio Catalog to bed and read it with a flashlight --

cytokine said:
Run. Run away as fast as you can and don't look back.

I just relegated my line arrays (my beloved lines) to the garage because the wife couldn't stand them dominating the living room any more. She then asked where all the other stuff I'm building is going to go. I told her it was small. Then I had to open my big fat mouth and tell her that I would need a separate set of floorstanders to go with my Bottlehead Foreplay and gainclone monoblocks.

I need a 12 step program or some really good midbass drivers that I can cross over to tweeters that are flat to 40 kHz.

Chipamps multiply like rabbits:
This is the newest arrival -- a bridged LM4780 -- 120 watts:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and here's a drawerfull (along with other protos) which haven't made it to the listening state for various reasons:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Did I mention that the Bottlehead Foreplay is my Christmas gift?

After that I'm thinking a DAC might be just the thing.

The only thing I have no desire to build is a CD player.

I keep my parts catalogues in the throne room.

Oh and jackinnj, thanks a lot for the images. I'm at work and can't get to my soldering iron.

True Life Story: I walked in to a Radio Shack and started laughing at myself because I fit the profile to a T. Early 40's, graying hair, dishevelled, looking through drawers of switches and capacitors.:eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.