Optimal Transformer choice for a LM3875?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Electropower,

yes I know what you mean that I'm complicating the matter. Even though I'm a newbie to electronics I'm still a perfectionist at times :xeye:

Electronic stuff in New Zealand isn't that cheap, so for the same money I would rather go for something higher quality from overseas.

I probably would try it with a secondhand transformer, but I have no idea where to look for stuff like that. Suggestions?

Surplustronics I've heard of that place I was going to get my silver solder from there they have some nice 5.5 % silver solder there.

I didn't know they had lots of secondhand stuff there too. Thanks for the tip

I'll have to drop on by next time I'm up in AK, it's in Queen Street right?
K road end or uni end?

zBuff said:
I'll have to drop on by next time I'm up in AK, it's in Queen Street right?
K road end or uni end?

Top of Queen St, just down from K Rd; on the left after a group of little restaurants as you go from the city up the hill to the lights at K Rd.

Also you might want to check out Real Groovy while you're there, just a hundred metres or so down Queen St from Surplustronics; they are one of the biggest CD and record shops in the world -- at least, the biggest in this part of the world ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.