loud hum w/ 1st Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanted to let you know that theese chips do come faulty every once in a while.

my lm4700 (30W) amp had one faulty chip. i measure a almost direct short (2.9ohms) between the -rail and output witch results in you-know-what: -22V at the output. I'l have to send it back again, nothing i did wrong, i know: I sat for 4 hours on end trying to locate the mistake I'v made, but no shots anywhere, exept internally in the chip.

the chip altso got warm as hell when connected. if yours do to, then i suspect you'v got the same problem.

regards
marius

demogorgon said:
Just wanted to let you know that theese chips do come faulty every once in a while.

my lm4700 (30W) amp had one faulty chip. i measure a almost direct short (2.9ohms) between the -rail and output witch results in you-know-what: -22V at the output. I'l have to send it back again, nothing i did wrong, i know: I sat for 4 hours on end trying to locate the mistake I'v made, but no shots anywhere, exept internally in the chip.

the chip altso got warm as hell when connected. if yours do to, then i suspect you'v got the same problem.

regards
marius

Thanks, I appreciate hearing this. A faulty chip is the only thing that I think it can be now. I've traced & retraced all the wires & tested everything I could think of looking for something--anything. The only indication of anything wrong is the output & input ends of the chip: -35VDC offset at the speakers & the 10VDC offset at the input.

Still waiting to hear from BrianGT--I think he must be away this week.

Cheers,
Bret Morrow

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.