Eureka!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My gainclone works!

I would like to thank Brian for the kit, Peter for the chassis and everyone who posted questions and the people who answered those questions.

So far it isn't completely assembled because I was doing some trouble shooting. Initially it was blowing 250vac 2 amp fast blow fuses at the input from the mains but that was fixed by changing to 3.15 amp slow blow.

By the way, the transformer is a +- 18vac, 300va from Plitron. I put a 19ohm load on the output of the diode board and the output of the board dropped from 27.5vdc to around 16 or 17vdc at about 870 ma.

I measured the temp of one of the diodes with that load and it only reached about 111 degF.

The dc offset on one channel is 71mv. I haven't measured the other yet since I don't have it connected to a speaker.

I'm using a separate preamp to do the source switching and volume control right now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.