Interesting question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wanted to know if there is a way to convert 1 stereo output to say 4 outputs.If it is possible to convert then will there be any changes in the signal strength? or will there be a decrease in output driving capability. The output goes directly goes to power amp.

Sorry for being vague. I will rephrase.
Say I have single headphone output or lineout from a cd player.Can I connect multiple amplifers to this single headphone out by splitting a single headphone out to multiple headphone outputs.

Here we get a kind of stereo jack that converts one single female phono connector to 2 phonoconnectors it is like a kind of T junction.One end goes to headphone out or lineout of the device at the other end I get 2 female headphone outputs instead of one!
I hope my question is clear this time :)

Headphone output is designed to drive the headphone of 16-32 ohms

In theory and for simplicity, u can connect it to as many high impedance inputs provided u do not go below 16 ohms. This solution is just for practical purposes and not for Hi Fi, since u will have lot of noise fed into the inputs from the headphone amp(from inside the CD player). This noise will be amplified by the power amps

Gajanan Phadte

it is usual to run the signal through a unity gain pre amp first, this is a simle op amp with the signal going into posotive (non inverting) and the negative feed back (from output) run directly into the negative (inverting side)

this has the efect of boosting the drive capability (strength) of the signal, without actualy changing or amplifiing it.

try looking at threads about buffers, some have gain, some dont, it may be better to use one at the signal (pre split) to compensate for the drive impedance (36ohm) the headphone output expects, then one for each of the split with a volume control for each channel. the buffers are simple and if your making the amps any way, its worth the few pounds extra, to get the corect impedance output

yes, headphone out put, single buffer, split, buffer on each line, amp.

you can add tone and volume controle for all amps on the first buffer, or for each amp seperatly on the second buffer, id do it on the second buffer personaly, just coz then its easier to set up for room accoustics and personal taste. see you later, steve.. ..

Choose right...

My solution was economical and practical, but if u are looking for high end sounding system, U have to decide on 2 way or 3 way active crossover system. That means u will have to build an active crossver through which ur amps will be driven.
If u have not yet visited, visit 'sound.westhost.com' and here u will find all necessary for such a project.
Since u are in Bengalore, u can try to keep ur assemly to high sonic standard by using audio quality products such as solder with silver/copper, non-magnetic metal film resistors, toroidal transformer...the list is huge and costly.
All this should start with ur music(type) and liking. Some types of music need high decibels and some don't(e.g. classical).

So decide a right system and then proceed.

Enjoy

Gajanan Phadte

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.