active filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello this is active crossover which iv designed for my
ventd movie subwoofer.

Could someone better in elektronics theck it out and
tell wich mistakes iv made.

Attachments

• ventedschema-2.gif
    ventedschema-2.gif
    32.1 KB · Views: 967
I would argue that the resistor at IN is optional, but if you use something like 100k it will not hurt. A

Agree with Carlos on the pot.

A major flaw I missed earlier is the takeoff from the NFB point on the subsonic filter. This should be buffered else the feedback will be screwed up by the (variable as well depending on switch position, bad) loading and the filter fed from it will have skewy response as it's being driven from a relatively high source impedance.

In my own designs I always buffer filter inputs. You might like to do the same (i.e. put buffer at input before subsonic) unless you can be confident that the source will always be <500 ohms or so.

"You need to add a resistor from +IN to ground, on the input of the first stage.
Those pots to set the lowpass frequency should be linear, not log."

The first stage is already biased via the pot and endstop resistor, adding a 100K in parallel with those will be effectively parallel with the pot/endstop and will affect the frequency and Q of teh filter towards the lower end of the frequency settings of the pot, so don't add it.....

Did you mean adding the 100K from teh NC pole of S1, i.e. from the left of the 4K to ground? THAT is where you need bias for the LP filter in bypass mode.

The pots should be reverse log if anything to get a decent variation range.

Lukas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.