trackwidth power-lines LM4780

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to design a PCB for an LM4780 chip-amp. It will be used in inverted mode (stereo). Powersupply wil be about +/-30V. Speakers are 8 ohm.
What would be the minimum width of the tracks for the positive, negative and ground rails?
The amp will be used in a small room (10m²), and I don't play all that loud. Still I like a little "build-quality" in my design.

the larger it is possible. when poppulating the board, bend the pins to touch on the copper and then solder them, and screw the cables on the board. this way you can eliminate resistances to a minimum.. your tracks @ 8R will carry ~3Apeak.. thats not really very low (pcb).. if its possible, manufacture the boards on 0.75 mm copper.. it will make a difference..

A trick which I use is to set the trace width on a net to something like 20 mils at the outset, connect all the nets, then reset the trace widths for the ground, power and output traces to 40, 60 and 100 mils (that is, increase each of these to 40 mils, then 60, etc.) -- each time you widen the trace you will find areas where the errors show up and you have to manually reset the trace width around pins or move from adjacencies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.