Corona GC Project - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th November 2004, 08:06 AM   #1
corona is offline corona  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Corona GC Project

Hi Everyone,
Just though I might start a post on my GC, I'm quite interested in comments on it, as there is a lot of great expertise on this forum!

I've written up some info/pics on it on my web site:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~corona/Amp/amp.htm

I'm especially interested in comments/criticisms on the citrcuit board layouts, as this is one area that I'm not completely certain about in the way of audio and noise rejection. Especially in the area of grounding, the power amp modules have a kinda star-ish grounding, with the small signal stuff pretty well seperated from the high power stuff. I know the preamp boards are probably quite bad...they could really do with a complete re-design. They were actually one of the first things I designed.

There is a lot of work to go on it yet, but it's already replaced my elderly pioneer amp, I'm more than happy with the sound I'm getting.... aside from the low hum I'm getting, but I know the primary source of it, and what needs fixing, so it's ok.

Volume controls are next to be built, as the only control I currently have is on my computer, and while the volume in my external iMic usb audio dongle is quite good quality, I do need volume controls on the amp.

Any tips/advice in general would be greatly appreciated!

Corona

Hide this!Advertise here!