Noob ? BrianGT Lm 3875 with 10k pot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for the noob question but I have built the amps Lm 3875 basic kit witch work good with a 100k "radioshack pot". I have some 10k pots I would like to try but do not get much volume. What do I need to change? I did try to search for it but all the formulas concerning gain :xeye: I am lost. Any help would be great.

I'm using the pot as a preamp, with my cd player connected directly. If I leave the 22k to ground I get no control with the pot. VERY loud (like full volume), works fine with my preamp with the 22k but not with the pot alone. If one of you could post a diagram that would be great "pics are worth a thousand words :xeye: espacialy for newbies like me.:) Thanks again guys.

Well I've been searching and searching, reading and reading:) I've found one schemaitic take a look and tell me what you think. Its a little different than brians. Brians has a 220ohm at RB "input" and also Ri is 620ohm. Also there is no Ci 22uf cap. I really would like the best sound I can get out of them. I hope the pic is attached.

Attachments

• lm38752.gif
    lm38752.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 151
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.