MUR860 equivalent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have read enough about MUR860 and then I decided to go with bridge module than MUR860. Just FYI.

If you are particulr about it and not able to find it, I have few spare with me which I purchased but decided to not use it. I have 8 MUR860 equivalent and two LM338T. I paid Rs. 18 for mur860 and Rs. 85 for LM338T. If you can't find locally, I can ship it.

yusuf said:
I have read enough about MUR860 and then I decided to go with bridge module than MUR860. Just FYI.

If you are particulr about it and not able to find it, I have few spare with me which I purchased but decided to not use it. I have 8 MUR860 equivalent and two LM338T. I paid Rs. 18 for mur860 and Rs. 85 for LM338T. If you can't find locally, I can ship it.

hi

i bought mur1560's. please let me now if they are ok. ive found a store which stocks quality parts. the above diode is from on semi. if this thing can be used, then i think this is the soution for diyers in india IMHO.

all i need now is to get the trsnfo. but we dont get toroidals in my city and el type would be huge. can anyone tell hou to wind a troidal. or if ayone can help me source it?? also please va ratings.

if needed by anyone, please let me know and ill courier.

cheers

clip

whats special abt MUR860

hi guys..
but whats so special about thses diodes as compared to normal 1N40xx which are readily available. I understand thses are fast diodes, but at 50 Hz does these fast diodes are reqired.
I have seen its datasheet and it states that this diode is preffered in switch mode power suppplies which operate at KHz and MHz of frequencies, where fast acting diodes ARE required. So for a normal rectification of 50 Hz does these diodes are really required or its used is hyped.
Can someone eloborate on this point.

G

Joined 2002
clipto333 said:

hi

i bought mur1560's. please let me now if they are ok. ive found a store which stocks quality parts. the above diode is from on semi. if this thing can be used, then i think this is the soution for diyers in india IMHO.

all i need now is to get the trsnfo. but we dont get toroidals in my city and el type would be huge. can anyone tell hou to wind a troidal. or if ayone can help me source it?? also please va ratings.

if needed by anyone, please let me know and ill courier.

cheers

clip

They will work fine. Ixys makes some hexfreds that are supposed to be good also.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.