Balanced line driver, PCB layout share

Actually it is on the order of 4 times the power, not twice. A bridged amp produces twice the voltage which means 4 times the power but the load each amp sees is half the impedence so use 8 ohm speakers not lower or the amp will think its driving a sub-4ohm load.

thank you:) I am assembling it now.each module is ready:devilr:

pic,

Attachments

• post-12-1099277051.jpg
    post-12-1099277051.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 3,946
Finally, I find a suitable chassis(factory OEM).
it has enough room for setting up different designs:smash:
I am interested in several following results:
1,3886igc/3875nigc/4780 with unregulator psu
2,3886igc/3875nigc/4780 with regulator psu
3,3875nigc with BLD
4,3886igc/4780 with BLD,bridging work

BTW,thanks BranGT,he has offered two 3875 and 4780 to help me to test.

digi

Attachments

• post-12-1099732217.jpg
    post-12-1099732217.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,760
I assume (perhaps wrongly) this can also be used to connect to Pro gear that only accepts XLR inputs? This is an area in which I (perhaps very obviously) have just about no experience or knowledge.

Also, the optional resistors are for what? Or does that end up being the feed for the ground wire on an XLR...

It's always fun when I discover just how little I know and understand. :) More fun when folks are nice enough to answer.

C

cjd said:
I assume (perhaps wrongly) this can also be used to connect to Pro gear that only accepts XLR inputs? This is an area in which I (perhaps very obviously) have just about no experience or knowledge.

Also, the optional resistors are for what? Or does that end up being the feed for the ground wire on an XLR...

It's always fun when I discover just how little I know and understand. :) More fun when folks are nice enough to answer.

C
Frequently, cheaper 'pro' gear has xlr inputs that are not really balanced inputs but just use the 'hi' and ground. XLR is the pro standard as it should be a true balanced input to reject as much environmental noise as possible. And, yes you can use the circuit for pro gear with true balanced inputs.

YAY! How did they work out with BrianGT's amps?

Havent found the answer to this so here it is. Would i also need to use one of these if i were to parallel your 3886 boards?

edit: went back and read on post on the other page about using it for paralled(or suggested use) but im still kinda confused. i thought you would only need it for a brigded amp not paralled as you are only increasing the current of the amp(s) to the drivers.

Evilsizer said:
YAY! How did they work out with BrianGT's amps?

Havent found the answer to this so here it is. Would i also need to use one of these if i were to parallel your 3886 boards?

edit: went back and read on post on the other page about using it for paralled(or suggested use) but im still kinda confused. i thought you would only need it for a brigded amp not paralled as you are only increasing the current of the amp(s) to the drivers.

the BLD is a unbalance to balance module,the purpose is used for connect two single amp in bridge.the two single amplifiers,can be an integrated stereo amplifier,it can be a pair of dual mono amplifiers too.
Because drv134 has certain output ability,it is beneficial to each half bridges of parallel connections.

I am still waiting for the PCB parcel of BrianGT's to arrived, it is still on the way.

digi