Balanced line driver, PCB layout share

TheSeekerr said:

Improved versions have been posted at:
http://sound.westhost.com/project87.htm

No!

That is almost the same as the equivalent schematic as the DRV134 and will converts single-ended, ground-referenced input to a floating differential output with +6dB gain (G = 2).

Rod Elliotts schematic:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

DRV134 equivalent schematic:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

DRV134, SSM2142 and THAT1646 all converts single-ended, ground-referenced input to a floating differential output, witch is good when you have a balanced receiver in the other end. But to bridge two amplifiers you need a bridging adapter, such as Rod Elliotts project 14.

Hello
My mistake is THAT 1646 I have a couple of extra .
I needed to order 20PC to get bit lower price ,I just need 2PC .
I sold some of them but I still have 6or 8PC EXTRA .
If someone search for these chip I have some .
Greetings

Attachments

• ad90_1.jpg
    ad90_1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 751
Hi Seekerr.

Sorry I didn't know that, thank you for making that clear :)

I did read that he states that the boards for P87b can be used as a bridging adapter on the site for project 14, but I thought that people might misunderstood that the schematic on P87 is the same thing as P14.

But anyhow, the PCB's for P87B can be used as a bridging adapter, if you use the schematic in figure 2 shown at P14, or if you have access to the secure section of the site :)

CJ900RR said:
See this website. Both schematic shown there works like a charm!

http://sound.westhost.com/project14.htm

I'm building the bpa300 amplifier, but i have problems with drv134 noise, so
i'm studying the possibility of bridging PA150 pcbs with ESP project 14. IT seems easy to do for me in a protoboard and point to point, but i have a doubt. Can i put a simple pot just before these circuit to avoid any preamplifier? What is the input impedance of this circuit?
Thanks

CJ900RR said:
Hi Seekerr.

Sorry I didn't know that, thank you for making that clear :)

I did read that he states that the boards for P87b can be used as a bridging adapter on the site for project 14, but I thought that people might misunderstood that the schematic on P87 is the same thing as P14.

But anyhow, the PCB's for P87B can be used as a bridging adapter, if you use the schematic in figure 2 shown at P14, or if you have access to the secure section of the site :)

AndrewT said:
R1 & R4 set the input resistance.
Rin about 50k.
This can drive any sensible load impedance, >=2k
R5, R6 & R7 must be located very close to the output pins of the opamps. The TL series opamps do not like parasitic capacitance on the outputs.

I go for this schematic. I'm now drawing the layout of the protoboard with one only quadruple opamp (TLE2074) for stereo configuration and SMD resistors 0,1% tolerance. The board will measure 40x40mm.
The 10uf input capacitor and the potentiometer will be out of the board.
The input capacitor will be this:
http://wduk.worldomain.net/acatalog...S_PXX_range.pdf
With this is not necesary a preamplifier.

Attachments

• drvv1.jpg
    drvv1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 653
Hi J,
not all opamps like zero resistance in the unity gain feedback loop.
Some NEED a real resistance value between output pin and -IN pin.
Add a 1k resistor. It is still a unity gain non-inverting buffer.

Add some input filters.

Why the two 220pF caps on the inverting half channel?

That top 100r must be located very close to the left hand tl07x output pin.

AndrewT said:
Hi J,
not all opamps like zero resistance in the unity gain feedback loop.
Some NEED a real resistance value between output pin and -IN pin.
Add a 1k resistor. It is still a unity gain non-inverting buffer.

Add some input filters.

Why the two 220pF caps on the inverting half channel?

That top 100r must be located very close to the left hand tl07x output pin.

i add the 1k resistor. The caps parallel to resistors are an advice of a friend to avoid noise, he said is to avoid any kind od gain at very high frequencies and also oscillations in the opamp.
About the input filters, a 2,2uf cap is enough. Is there any cap of this capacitance that i can use in a very small pcb. If not, i will use them out of the board, just after the pot.
Have you any preference about the quad opamp?
Thanks

is that decoupling connected to the signal ground?

9mV from a pair of FET input opamps seems a bit high.

I realise that FET input amps can tolerate much higher input resistance mismatches, but maybe your zero attempt to do any balancing of the input resistances of both opamps is resulting in this high offset.

Once you have a high offset it becomes much more susceptible to drift with temperature.

AndrewT said:
is that decoupling connected to the signal ground?

9mV from a pair of FET input opamps seems a bit high.

I realise that FET input amps can tolerate much higher input resistance mismatches, but maybe your zero attempt to do any balancing of the input resistances of both opamps is resulting in this high offset.

Once you have a high offset it becomes much more susceptible to drift with temperature.
not dc offset, what i mean is 9mv ac signal in the output with the pot at the min.