Balanced line driver, PCB layout share

Evilsizer said:
ok now got it. I would need three of these to parallel two sets of lm3886's and then bridge the two paralled.

thanks in advance

no... Paralleling two chip-amps requires resistors on the output leg (which isn't necessary on a single non-inverted amp), but no balanced input. Check the National Semi Application note 1192 for more info on paralleling amps.

Or you could pick up some of the BrianGT 4870 amp boards, which are paralleled already. (a 4870 is basically two 3886 on one chip, and his boards parallel them).

C

cjd said:

no... Paralleling two chip-amps requires resistors on the output leg (which isn't necessary on a single non-inverted amp), but no balanced input. Check the National Semi Application note 1192 for more info on paralleling amps.

Or you could pick up some of the BrianGT 4870 amp boards, which are paralleled already. (a 4870 is basically two 3886 on one chip, and his boards parallel them).

C

right now im tring to get the jist of things. Yes i do plan on getting brianGT 4870's. Im still working out what i want to use as for as GC's for a 2-way active speaker with active x-o.

the BLD board part list:
DRV134/135 * 1
1uf50V * 4,(C1,C2,C5,C6)those caps that I have used is WIMA MKS2
47uf/35V * 2,(C3,C4)Elna RJH
LM7815,7915/78L15,79L15.the board can mounting to220 or to92L packaged regulator.

hook method below:

Attachments

• bld hook.gif
    bld hook.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 3,550
JasonL said:
personal quote from digi 22$us for 2 boards : O )shipped
going to order 2 on the weekend.

Hi Jason,
the sound like you misunderstand my mean.The price that I quote is 4 piece of 3886igc boards plus shipping.
for BLD boards,quote here:http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=509116#post509116

erikdebier said:
I might be interested in some of these too!
for $22, does that include the components?

the kit is not available now.I can get quality resistors and caps in BEIJING.but DRV134 is hardly to find.maybe offer passive kits thereafter.thank you.

cheers
digi

cdoggy81 said:
What is ment by the "hook method" ???

paulb, what would be the best way to bypass them?

IIRC they don't need much current? Battery powered be an option????......???? :)
By bypass them I mean don't use the regulators. Don't put them in, run a wire from their input to output. Keep the capacitors in, they won't hurt and may help with noise reduction.
Battery power is an option. Two 9V batteries might do the trick.

Cool Paulb, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking with 2 x 9V batteries in series :D
I have 2 sets on the way so I'll build 1 with & 1 without the LM338's. Wasn't too sure about the caps in without the regs but I will leave them in now, thanks. I might "anty" up & try some BG caps for those but they are little $$. C1,2,5,6 won't be that bad since they are 1uF though. Do C3,4 have to be 47uF? Are C3,4 still needed?
Thanks!
-CHRiS