My new hifi amplifier (pictures) - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th October 2004, 10:52 AM   #11
Wejp is offline Wejp  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Upupa Epops
Yes, my too - but to show pics of prototype and wait for compliments is for me too " strong cofee " .
So you think only those who have profesionally manufactured PCB's and cases may post their pictures?
I just wanted to build one nice sounding amplifier and not many and that's what I have done. And it really sounds nice.
You don't have to like it. Others do. And that's okay.
Old 14th October 2004, 11:19 AM   #12
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Johannes,

I like your little psu program...very cute and handy!!!

Regards,
Bas
Old 14th October 2004, 11:34 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Good sound can have also sparrow nest, but remember, that german nation is well known by precise work .
Old 14th October 2004, 03:31 PM   #14
rs1026 is offline rs1026  India
diyAudio Member

Default Excellent

Excellent work!! I dont care if its sparrow nest or whatever. Ultimately its the sound that counts.
I am trying to build a small filter circuit and it is taking ages for it to complete so I can imagine how much hard work you must have put!!
Old 14th October 2004, 05:17 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Every work is labourious, good as bad. I can also imagine, how many hours it was. But if this guy will be in begining only aplauded, he will be doing sparrow's nest till the end of his life and it should be wrong, 'cos talent he evidently have .
Old 14th October 2004, 07:10 PM   #16
troystg is offline troystg  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi All-

What Upupa is referring to is called "constructive criticism" and it has its place.

The project as a whole is excellent.

The wiring could be cleaned up to make the project look better and possibly assist with stray or spurious noise.

P2P wiring is absolutely fine for DIY. Why do you think component leads are so long? To solder to a PCB?

Louis W. Erath (AKA "the wire burner") has built some of the ugliest, worst laid out components I have ever seen. But rarely is there an Engineer with more vision and talent than his.

Hey wejp-

The thought process behind the project is the most important task.

However the execution is a close second.

With minimal effort you could clean up the wiring and then it would go from a "birds nest" as Upupa put it, to an adequate installation that will simply be overlooked. It takes ALOT of effort to create art with wiring.

That is my constructive criticism to hopefully make you better.

My compliments still remain on the scope of the project, the logic of the project, and the drive for completion.

As a last note, would you have the schematic of the input selector section available for posting?

Thanks again,

Troy

PS, this is a forum.. EVERYTHING should be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 14th October 2004, 07:14 PM   #17
Vikash is offline Vikash  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

You're being a bit of a Party Pooper Upupa The shear fact that he's contributing his DIY work, whether professional looking or not, is deserved of a pat on the back form me.
"The human mind is so constituted that it colours with its own previous conceptions any new notion that presents itself for acceptance." - J. Wilhelm. (But I still think mine sounds better than yours.)
Old 14th October 2004, 07:39 PM   #18
JoeBob is offline JoeBob  Canada
diyAudio Member

Some people just want to build an amp and listen to it. If they have little experience and the end result doesn't look "prefessional" on the inside but the sound coming out of it is enjoyable for the listener, then they accomplished what they intended to do right? Not everyone wants to build amps after amps like alot of us do.

Either way, nice beginning with that amp, alot of us built worse circuits and wouldn't post them .
Old 14th October 2004, 07:57 PM   #19
steenoe is offline steenoe  Denmark
diyAudio Member

The sheer pleasure of having created something with your own hands....... That is the great thing about DIY of any sort, isn't it?
If it also sounds good; what more can you possibly ask for?
Truely rewarding!

Steen.
Old 14th October 2004, 08:25 PM   #20
Ropie is offline Ropie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I think the inside of your amp looks great, Wejp. I like to see wires all over the place, and in my experience it makes absolutely no difference to the sound.

Hide this!Advertise here!