Embarking On A Gainclone 5.1 Channels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just "finished" a five channel amp.. It still needs a lot of case work and a proper power switch. Also Ill add another channel to power a sub eventually (5 channels are lm3875, the sub will be 2 lm3886)

Is 35W enough for your sub though?

What size/voltage transformer do you have, and heatsinks?

For mine I have a very low voltage (18.5V DC) so the chips barely need heatsinks at all. Its the transformers that get the warmest, I should add some air holes above it.

Make sure you have a lot of wire around if your doing star ground, mine is a rats nest.

Didn't take the time to parse the whole schematic, but it appears you have implemented some sort of digital control. What kind of parameters can you control? I doubt there is an Atmel microcontroller, RS-232, IR remote, LCD display and a front panel push button interface just to assign attenuation.
:D

yeap, there will be digital controls for each channel, the LM 1973 and Lm1972 are the digital volume controls, but I am doing away with the irda remote control, RS232 but adding vumeter, front panel attentuation interface and LCD into the amp.

The circuit is based from microjean 6 channels, but this is for 7.1 channels, = 8 channels. But from where I lived, there is a hard time trying to make a PCB out of the schematic.

Hy there!

The board I designed is for my needs. I like programming the microcontrollers and audio makes no difference.

The digital interface is designed for debugging purpuses. The final board (if will ever be final) doesn't need all those chips like 2 memory modules, rs232 interface etc.

The schematic has been changed in the mean time, temperature sensor was added, fan control and some volume interface gagets (work in progress , http://microjean.go.ro ).

Bye...for now!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.