gainclone real newbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all

I have gone as far as I can. Can someone please help or point me to the information.

I have the BrianGT kit and have started assembly. Where I am stumped is from the single tansformer hookup with dual secondaries ,rectifier bridge connection to amp pcb.I decided to use 8 diodes per channel

If you use both halfs of the bridge for one channel(8 diodes); how do you hook them up? Would they be in parallel or in series.?

Also I am at a loss to comprehend what all those symbols mean like pgnd, pg+og,sg,n,chg,pg-and I have been following BrianGT's on-line tutorial but when it comes to this area there seems to be information missing ; what gets hooked up to what?

I don't know if anyone has felt this frustration.

Obviously I don't know much about electronics, but I did manage to get 32 volts d.c. from 2 paralled bridge sets;so thats a positive and a negative output 2 wires only, what else goes to the amp. module from the rectifier board and to what spots?How do the boards get grounded from where?

doggy:: :bawling:: :cannotbe: :bawling:

up and running!

I have both channels working now. Went to one bridge to make it easier for me. It is very dynamic; very pleased with the sound.

I do notice noise like ac or diode noise when at idle. What are some things I should look for. My rca's are grounded right at the case, they don't have total isolation; does this matter? Also my rca input wires are not shielded; will this have an effect? I have tried to keep ac away from the boards as much as possible.

Thanks again
Doggy

P.S. My speakers are fe206e fostex blh:) :)

The amp boards, incoming ac ground are star grounded to the metal case. The rca inputs have the grounding tab grounded at the mounting hole and ground there. Should I isolate this ground point and run wires to the star ground?

Thanks for your help. I see there is a thread on noise and some suggestions of what to do. It is still early and I need to do some more work on the amp.

What really got my attention was the speed and power of this new g.c.

thanks for your support
doggy:) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.