Bridged lm4780

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone tried using lm4780 in bridged mode. I wanted to use that configuration for a sub woofer. Wanted a few inputs on how to go about designing the PCB for this configuration.I want to keep this a single layer PCB since its more "diyable"

I am using ExpressPcb
Please help! I am stuck here because I dont know how much space I should allow for the ic pins and how to position the parts.

Thanks.

I made a stereo bridged pair of LM4780 amps.. but I didn't use a PCB, I made it on vero board, .. it doesn't look very pretty, but it works just fine... it's allmost unbelieveble how cheap a stereo 240Watt amp can be made now... 2xlm4780, and couple of resistors... ... I used the circuit of the datasheet, I got less then 20mV offset and it sound pretty good.. It does get warmer though, you may gotta you a significant heatsink..

Goodluck,
Thijs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.