DRV134 Input Resistor & Opamp Output Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll be using some DRV134s in my pre for a balanced out and while routing the board today, I checked the datasheet once more just to be sure I didn't make any stupid mistakes.

In the datasheet there isn't any resistor shown on the input of the DRV134, so I suppose it isn't necessary to use one, right? Or would it be safer to add one?

Next question, I can't seem to find an answer for this one. Take a look at the attached image. The opamp on the left controls the gain, the output resistor is to avoid oscillations. But how do I handle the output to the 2 DRVs & 2 opamps (the chips on the right)? Is my scheme with the resistors correct or not?

Attachments

• pre-out.gif
    pre-out.gif
    14 KB · Views: 343
Devil_H@ck said:

In the datasheet there isn't any resistor shown on the input of the DRV134, so I suppose it isn't necessary to use one, right? Or would it be safer to add one?

Next question, I can't seem to find an answer for this one. Take a look at the attached image. The opamp on the left controls the gain, the output resistor is to avoid oscillations. But how do I handle the output to the 2 DRVs & 2 opamps (the chips on the right)? Is my scheme with the resistors correct or not?

You should ask several of these questions to TI's support.

You don't need any resistor at the input of the DRV134, but you will need a blocking cap if there's any DC.

Carlos

janneman, Tim_x got it right, the small boxes with the + sign in it are BUF634s, the big boxes are DRV134s. I left out the values to make the schematic easier to read.

Thx, Tim_x :).

* Oh, btw, I believe there is a flaw in that schematic, I've changed it in the version on my PC. The JFET biassing cascode should be after the BUF634, on the output, since that's where the feedback to the opamp is taken.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.