LM3886 PCB request

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I developed a narrow strip PCB for 4 LM3886 you can mix and match for example for twin bridged 136W amps or biamp / triamp configurations etc.

The PCB has some jumpers because of required geometry and only includes basic support circuitry. I can also provide a matching preamp including required support.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll upload pdf's with schematics, component placing and artwork.

Rodolfo

Here are the files:

a3886s.pdf - Schematics

You may dispose of the preamp section if you don't need it or use and populate it as required. The configuration is for a dual bass / treble bridge.
I highly recommend TL072 and TL074 opamps here for they are specially selected for low noise and distortion.

Hope this helps, and please contact for any clarification you may require.

Rodolfo

NOTE: I had to resize drawings to fit 100K upload limit, resize again for printing, be carefull with scaling with the artwork file.

Attachments

• a3886s.pdf
    84.6 KB · Views: 781
a3886p.pdf - artwork

In fact there are 2 pcbs. The interconnects are shown in the previous file.

You can generate a 1:1 mask for photoprocessing with a good ink jet printer capable of 1440 dpi on ink jet transparency (not photocopy or laser!!!). Depending on processing method you may need to print positive or negative of this image.

Check carefully scaling !!!

Attachments

• a3886p.pdf
    86.7 KB · Views: 535
Some notes:

You will need a +/- 28 VDC supply in the 500W class to get the full rated 270W (8 ohm load for both channels).

You may either select lower voltage supplies down to +/- 15 with reduced power output.

You can also choose to not install U2 and U4 for example, and connect the loads from X2-1 and X2-3 to ground instead of X2-2 and X2-4 respectively. In this case you will have half the output capability for each channel.

Of course other arrangements are possible also.

Good luck and enjoy!

Rodolfo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.