nigc test results

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finished my second nigc pcb today, and since nothing exploded I could finally connect the pcb's with my main speakers.

The first impression is very positive.
Bass is good, highs are very clear.
After my holiday I'll have to see how these amps compare to my Sphinx Project 12's.
The quality is better then I expected, and for the price this thing is unbeatable (I guess.)

The PS is not as good as I would like.
There is very little PS noise, but the main(s) problem is the clicks/pops from various switched & devices can be heard through the speakers.
Maybe a mains filter will help here.

Pj

squadra said:

There is very little PS noise, but the main(s) problem is the clicks/pops from various switched & devices can be heard through the speakers.
Maybe a mains filter will help here.

I did never like mains filter with GC and frankly I woudn't expect improvement with reagards to click/pops. Those are usually caused by incorrect grounding inside the amp.

Re: Re: nigc test results

Peter Daniel said:

I did never like mains filter with GC and frankly I woudn't expect improvement with reagards to click/pops. Those are usually caused by incorrect grounding inside the amp.

Nuuk said:

Or RFI is the amp is not sufficiently shielded! ;)

Both cannot be true, the pcb is lying unshielded on the ground :D
Well, I'm of to Spain, please solve my problem while I'm away ;)

Pj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.