100w Stk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
STK419-150 is said to do about 150W x2 peak.
I don't know if these modules are even made anymore,as I couldn't find *anything* on the web about them.
I happen to have one,that was pulled from a dead Aiwa bookshelf system (the amp still worked however.) and I've been slowly trying to reverse-engineer the circuit,for the heck of it. A datasheet would be great,but I'm not sure one was ever even made for this module?! (Does anybody have one they'd be kind enough to send me? :D )

Search the web and you'll find out pretty much anything about the STK amplifier modules. Be warned though, most if not all of them are obsolete.

As for internal construction they're all pretty simple - they're a basic Lin design with a quasi complementary output and a current source for the VAS. Some of them (mostly the later, higher grade devices) employ a cascode for the VAS and an EF output.

Indeed. STK chips are rated funny. The datasheet I have for some STK402-040 (IIRC) has a power rating about 0.6 or 0.75x the "quoted" power, with a low distortion number, and then the full power rating with a significantly higher distortion number.

Of course, the chips also sit within a couple mV of 60mVDC each also...

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Bridge a couple of STK4191s (real ones, not fake) with a +/- 32V supply, it'll get you within striking distance of the 100W/ch figure. It'll also handle a 4 ohm load with the right heatsinks (and a slow fan). The sonics are not that hot, but it does the job....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.