Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th August 2004, 06:51 PM   #1
DD_Davo is offline DD_Davo  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Any help please on amps?

Hi

Basically im a student in England and wish to make a small PA system, i have a basic design but i'm searching for ideas on circuit boards for the amps.

They are the speakers i have chosenSpeakers

they are cheap and full range and i'm hopining therefore they will be suitable without the need for separate tweeters and subs.

So i have the speakers sorted and the wooden cabinets although im using transparent acrylic for the front of the cabinets.

So all is left is the amp i would ideally like something of 40watts per channel, stereo of course and i have been looking and found a few designs on the net which i can use to create the PCB then buy the components but they aren't really set in concrete that they work well as they are free designs and often poorly supported by poor diagrams etc....

I was wondering if any of you could help me out if you know of any websites are anything providing good circuit diagrams of anything of say 30-45watts per channel stereo amps.

I intend to just have two inputs with separate level volume controls.... it is just a basic amplifier and speaker package in essence.

Thanks for any help you can offer, most appreciated..

Dave
Old 30th August 2004, 03:35 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Well u can try reading Gainclone threads here in this forum, coz they are easier to build and are cheaper, moreover they can pump out enough power to match ur speakers, other wise u can try STK4191 series, or if u dont know anything try putting ur hand on a ready made kit.
Cheers
Old 30th August 2004, 08:40 AM   #3
Nuuk is offline Nuuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Dave, this will be a small PA with those drivers and jsut 40 watts but I guess you realise that already.

If you are happy with just 40 watts then as Adibr says, a Gainclone will do adequately. The advantage of the GC is that there is so much help but if you really can't find what you are looking for, contact me through the form on my wb site and I will try andhelp you if I can.
Old 8th September 2004, 09:13 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

hmm i thought i replied to this...sorry guys

right ok i have taken a look at your website....i'm going to run through it all again...basically its gone a little over the top of my head, i mean its not ultra powerful, but a 40 watts or there abouts per channel (stereo) is what i'm looking for, the other major problem is powering them, i'd rather use a conventional power supply i know you can get some to rang up to 24V DC current..
Old 9th September 2004, 08:13 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I'm not sure if you are referring to GC's on Decibel Dungeon, but apart from the one with the regulated supply, the others all have a 'conventional' power supply.

If you want 40 watts per channels, simply follow the design of my GC monoblocks.
Old 9th September 2004, 06:58 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

ok thanks
http://www.decdun.fsnet.co.uk/ is it on that site

so yep a basic 40 watt per channel stereo amp to drive 2 8 ohm 45watt full range speakers..

could you direct me to where the info is please?

Thanks again
Old 9th September 2004, 08:22 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
could you direct me to where the info is please?
What info? All the Gainclone stuff is on the Gainclone pages.
Old 10th September 2004, 06:08 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

sorry, is this gainclone monoblock 40 amp a particular design?

If i go to your site there area lot of other pages referring to amps but i cannot seem to find anything about monoblock 40 watt per channel stereo amp?

I was wondering if you had a direct link to that particular amp?

Thanks again
Old 10th September 2004, 08:08 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

There is only one monblock design there. The reason that there is no reference to power output is that it is dependent on the power supply, more specifically the transformer rating.

Once you have built an amp, it can operate with a range of PSU's so the power output isn't set in stone.

See

here .
Old 11th September 2004, 01:01 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Yes, I agree to go with the 3875, but as this is a PA amp, HiFi is not at all required, so I would say just use the simple schematic on National's datasheet.

With a single PA driver, you will most likely never notice the diference of the extra parts nor the higher quality parts.

But if you have the money and feel like building the best you can, then definately go with the schematic on Nuuk's site

Hide this!Advertise here!