regulated valve buffer with lm317 and lm337

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, my english is broken and probably I will never read Shakespeare in original, but elecronic is my job over twony five years and I don't need any " old "explanations about this. Only I don't like when some things are taken as " postulats ", mainly in " tube " region. My father was saying, that all about tubes was invented to the year '55, but people forget, that at this time was connections mainly about price, 'cos tubes was expensive and constructers was do that mainly with this look ( only Williamson was break up this " mainstream ", God bless his soul ). People are thinking, that simplicity is " right way ", 'cos "old man " do that and they can miracle sound with one tube, which is certainly nonsens. All is about long time talking, but I am so tired to persuade ones, which can't listen. Thanks SY for nice words. P.S. : Yes, we have nice girls and some of us are not only " beer barrel " :) .

Upupa Epops said:
Yes, my english is broken and probably I will never read Shakespeare in original, but elecronic is my job over twony five years and I don't need any " old "explanations about this. Only I don't like when some things are taken as " postulats ", mainly in " tube " region. My father was saying, that all about tubes was invented to the year '55, but people forget, that at this time was connections mainly about price, 'cos tubes was expensive and constructers was do that mainly with this look ( only Williamson was break up this " mainstream ", God bless his soul ). People are thinking, that simplicity is " right way ", 'cos "old man " do that and they can miracle sound with one tube, which is certainly nonsens. All is about long time talking, but I am so tired to persuade ones, which can't listen. Thanks SY for nice words. P.S. : Yes, we have nice girls and some of us are not only " beer barrel " :) .

I don't know if this is because of the language barrier or what, but I'm pretty sure that you Upupa/Pavel got me all wrong. I have never written anything that can be interpreted as "sticking- to-good-old-dogmas" line of thinking, not in my posts in this thread nor anywhere else. In fact, I am taking such extra care that none of my ramblings here be interpreted as "the gospel" that I always attach IMO or IMHO to practically everything I write. Unlike you, it would never cross my mind (and never has) to try and persuade/force people to agree with me and then moan how tiring it all is when people happen to hold different views. All I ever did here is offer advice and it was up to the person who asked for it to decide whether to take the advice or not.

Pavel, if you are really tired of persuading people to see things your way, as you said so yourself, maybe it's time for you to reconsider your approach and try being a constructive and tolerant member of the community instead of a pompous *** who'll look down disparagingly and snipe sarcastically at those who "sinned" against his personal tastes and beliefs and then cleverly resort to good old-fashioned self-righteous indignation when faced with the music. Ask yourself which category is your post #10. Offer advice if you have any, help people out if you can, experiment with different concept if you wish and take part in discussions that interest you but do not think for one moment that anything (not even your education, age or experience) gives you the right to insult other people's intelligence by speaking down to them and "straightening" them out.
BTW, you cannot seriously believe you are the only one on this forum with 25 years of experience behind you?! And even if you were, so what? What kind of technical argument is that?!
For the record, "gallons of beer" is quite different from "beer barrels". Your interpretation may suggest that my intention is to insult the people of Prague (by calling them beer barrels) which is certainly not the case. I was just teasing SY, as a known wine-lover in beer heaven.

SY, as amusing as your "translation" may be, I believe the correct translation of U.E.'s post would be more along these lines: "No! Really?! You don't say! And how, pray tell, is that? (grinning)". I forgot to mention that the Czech and Croatian languages are quite similar and U.E. in fact expresses himself like I used to when I first started learning English. I was just being sarcastic back at him.

Milan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.