my regulator pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JasonL said:
Do you have nay more boards ? are these designed for the gain clone ? Or something else ? Id like to buy a few boards for my gain clone if that is what these are for. ?

the regulator board purpose for general use.it can be used in all standard LM3875/3886 IGC or NIGC designs.Even a solid state power amp,such as JLH.

hrer is 3886igc and regulator PCB boards group order page:http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41746
I will accept order from today till October 10.

digi

carlmart said:

The LM338 regulator can be used in non-class-A JLH designs, but I am not so sure on class-A power amps. How much are the demands in current for JLH class-A amps?

Carlos

The regulator PCB is based on LM338,it is capable of supplying in excess of 5A over a 1.2V to 32V output range.
A 10 Watt class A JLH,the Iq usually set at 1.2A, 27V.it can work fine.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3075&highlight=jlh

You can find more detail about LM338 psu and JLH amp at here:
http://www.tcaas.btinternet.co.uk/jlhnewps.htm

digi

hook method,

reg-hook.gif

JasonL,Thank your appreciating :)
LM338 can be suitable now,it's input voltage is 32V(max =40v).LT1083 is all right,but expensive.If the amp need high current and high voltage,It is more worthwhile that I think is unregulaotr method.
the board be able to drop in LM317 chip for peramp or headphone amp using.

btw,attach the board via pad assign.it can be hook wires for unregulaotr & regulaotr using.

Attachments

• viapad-assign.gif
    viapad-assign.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 2,438
IIRC the LM338 32V limitation is how much it can *drop* (difference between input voltage and output voltage).

So, it is suitable for high(er) voltage just fine. I think. ;) I never really paid attention to whether it has a maximum since I have no projects that would need anything particularly high at the moment.

C

digi01 said:
JasonL,Thank your appreciating :)
LM338 can be suitable now,it's input voltage is 32V(max =40v).LT1083 is all right,but expensive.If the amp need high current and high voltage,It is more worthwhile that I think is unregulaotr method.
the board be able to drop in LM317 chip for peramp or headphone amp using.

btw,attach the board via pad assign.it can be hook wires for unregulaotr & regulaotr using.

so to make sure i understand you. You can make it a regulated PSU or unregulated, as you show in the pic?

Hi Zang-

In post # 2 you have a picture of the regulator board "with" regulator installed.

What component is that?

I ordered the LM338 regs to build mine but I think they are to-220 package, and the one in your picture looks like TO-3P or TO-247.

If it is the 108x chips why is that one so much larger yet not handle as much current as the 338?

Which chip do you recommend for the highest steady current draw? No worries on heat, I will have plenty of heat sinking.

Sorry to ask such a simple question, but I just have a hard time believing that the little TO-220 chip handles more current than the bigger 108x chips.

PS- I have at least 5 prs of your regulator boards and I need to get them finished but want to drop in the best part...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.