Audio Car Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
no, they do not, I have emailed them with the same question a month or two ago.

Not many chips will get the power you want from a car. The reason is if the chip is made to run off of 12VDC, that limits the total output power to a few watts.

Car amps use speical power supplies to turn the 12VDC into whatever they want (usually around +/-35VDC)

How that chip works, I don't know. All I know is I'm like you, I wish they had samples.

Just wondering, can that chip be bridged?

edit: never mind, its already in BTL config.

hi AGGEMAM,
Me too is interested in building a Car Amp out of TDA1562.
I had no prior experience in building a car amp.

Had take a look at the Data Sheet. Does that means that based on Figure 9. Test and Application Circuit, we are able to built it?
What does 1/2*Rs means? ?Rs = Supply Resistance" Correct if I am wrong.

Thanks

Junior said:
Had take a look at the Data Sheet. Does that means that based on Figure 9. Test and Application Circuit, we are able to built it?

What does 1/2*Rs means? ?Rs = Supply Resistance" Correct if I am wrong.

Sorry for the long time it took to reply, I've moving, bought a new computer, forgot about this site etc.

Anyways, yes you are correct! It does mean half supply resistance.

Remember that the chip will work even better on a balanced input which it is also designed for.

In that case both the IN+ and the IN- should have a resistor equal to the supply resistance.

The advantage of the balanced signal in cars is evident because of the many radio signals that those long cables from the headunit to the amplifier is exposed to.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.