Pot questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Should the pot shaft be insulated from the chasis? i.e. do you use some plastic isolating washers to mount it to the chasis? Is the shaft extender used in Peter Daniel's group chasis for isolatation purposes as well?

I am going to use the Vishay Sfernice P11 dual 10k linear pot with a 1.5k ohm law faking resistor with my GC (brian's kit). What wattage is required for the resistor? Is 0.25W enough?

Vikash said:
Should the pot shaft be insulated from the chasis? i.e. do you use some plastic isolating washers to mount it to the chasis? Is the shaft extender used in Peter Daniel's group chasis for isolatation purposes as well?

I am going to use the Vishay Sfernice P11 dual 10k linear pot with a 1.5k ohm law faking resistor with my GC (brian's kit). What wattage is required for the resistor? Is 0.25W enough?

You may want to isolate the pot shaft to block external AC sources, like your body, when you move it. That is if your knob is metal your body may induce hum.

If the knob is plastic you don't need to worry about it.

The faking resistor can be .25W.

Carlos E. Martinez

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.