Most Powerful Opamp avaliable - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2004, 03:09 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

raidfibre, Yes, I would really appreciate the schematic and pcb design when you finish it.

Do you have any idea about what the power output will be? and what impedence it can drive. I'm using a Rockford Punch 12" sub (I know its a car sub but it sounds good) which is 8ohm so it shouldn't matter but if I were ever to upgrade to a 4ohm or DVC in parallel so 2ohm?

What is it based on? using transistors, or chips like the 4651/2?

Thanks!

-Mike
Old 13th August 2004, 03:23 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to raidfibre
diyAudio is great because there's always someone interested in building an amp or power supply.

The output will be N/P MOSFETs in a totem pole configuration. I don't know if my theory is correct on the control portion yet so I don't want to say too much about it at the moment but I'm glad you're interested. I will have some more information soon I hope.
Old 13th August 2004, 06:28 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Raidfibre:
Look forward to u in posting those layouts or schematics, I too want to build a sub, I have lots of chips like LM3886 (15+), OPA541 (12), OPA549(12) andlots of others lying around and want to put hem to use, I u like u could send those schematics and layoutsat my email.
Appreciate help in advance.
Old 13th August 2004, 11:09 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

have you looked at the apex microtechnology products? they are effectively power op amps and they seem to cover quite a range of voltages and currents. they are expensive, however.
Old 14th August 2004, 03:45 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by niconoise
they are expensive, however.

Expensive isn't even the word to describe them... Wheres the sample button??
Old 14th August 2004, 08:22 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
have you looked at the apex microtechnology products? they are effectively power op amps and they seem to cover quite a range of voltages and currents. they are expensive, however.
One must be having pretty serious erros in the upper compartment to go for these microchips, imagine for a moment LM4651/4652 paralleld or LM3886 bridged/paralleld x 8 will cost fraction of what APEX is charding for "1" chip?
Old 14th August 2004, 08:35 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

It's interersting that no one, as far as I know, has used Apex chips for an audio amp. Probably not because it's expensive, because if it was good there should be someone using it, particularly in high end designs.

They are probably not as good sounding for audio applications as others.

Carlos
Old 26th March 2006, 03:26 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default LM12 power op-amp

Hello, I was going through old (4/1988) issues of Speaker Builder magazine and found an article by A.L. Newcomb. He used a LM12CK op-amp for a 80 watt sub bass power booster. In the same article. there are schematics and PCB artwork for mono and stereo amplifiers using the LM12 op-amp. According to Newcomb the stereo version of the amplifier can be bridged for 200 watt output. Don Nebel
Old 26th March 2006, 04:40 PM   #29
owen is offline owen  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Now, the Apex opamps I believe are commercially used by ATC in thier active monitors...

Owen

Hide this!Advertise here!