Most Powerful Opamp avaliable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
raidfibre, Yes, I would really appreciate the schematic and pcb design when you finish it.

Do you have any idea about what the power output will be? and what impedence it can drive. I'm using a Rockford Punch 12" sub (I know its a car sub but it sounds good) which is 8ohm so it shouldn't matter but if I were ever to upgrade to a 4ohm or DVC in parallel so 2ohm?

What is it based on? using transistors, or chips like the 4651/2?

Thanks!

-Mike

have you looked at the apex microtechnology products? they are effectively power op amps and they seem to cover quite a range of voltages and currents. they are expensive, however.
One must be having pretty serious erros in the upper compartment to go for these microchips, imagine for a moment LM4651/4652 paralleld or LM3886 bridged/paralleld x 8 will cost fraction of what APEX is charding for "1" chip?

LM12 power op-amp

Hello, I was going through old (4/1988) issues of Speaker Builder magazine and found an article by A.L. Newcomb. He used a LM12CK op-amp for a 80 watt sub bass power booster. In the same article. there are schematics and PCB artwork for mono and stereo amplifiers using the LM12 op-amp. According to Newcomb the stereo version of the amplifier can be bridged for 200 watt output. Don Nebel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.