Cambridge Audio A1 V2 Amp Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there everybody

Forgive me for my ignorance......

I have a Cambridge Audio A1 v2 Amp.
The problem is that the 2 x T4A fuses keep blowing. These are located on the Main board before the diodes.
The mains fuse (T2A) does not blow when the others do.

Can anybody suggest any possible course of actions and if so, is it worth it?

Thanks

Quite obviously you have a major fault somewhere.

If you are not experienced enough to track down the fault and fix it, an alternative is to gut the amp and convert it into a Gainclone.

Hopefully you can use the existing PSU (or at least the transformer) so cost shouldn't be too high and you will have a great sounding amp. ;)

twits4twats said:
Hello there everybody

Forgive me for my ignorance......

I have a Cambridge Audio A1 v2 Amp.
The problem is that the 2 x T4A fuses keep blowing. These are located on the Main board before the diodes.
The mains fuse (T2A) does not blow when the others do.

Can anybody suggest any possible course of actions and if so, is it worth it?

Thanks

Looks like a blown output stage.
Check with a DMM the output transistors and if broken replace them. If you can not do it yourself find someone to do it for you. just remember where to put wich transistor.
Check also the drivers.
If that doesn't work you can still make gainclone or a P3a from rod elliot.
good luck

Nuuk said:
Hopefully you can use the existing PSU (or at least the transformer) so cost shouldn't be too high and you will have a great sounding amp. ;)
That's what I did when I first got Brian's kit. Was in a hurry to test it out so I gutted my old CA A1 MK1 and threw a GC together :D

Attachments

• dsc01827.jpg
    dsc01827.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 346
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.