Opa541-548-549

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, one of my friends have send me over some OPA541, OPA548 and OPA549 dozen each andI though I might wanna build some sub amps with em.
Heres what I want to do:
1) A sub amp for car using OPA548 in single supply mode a parallel application may be:
2) A sub amp for home use using OPA549 dual supply mode a parallel application.
3) Rest of the chips to be used as satellites and front speaker.
Does any one have made such applications, I ll appreciate if anyone posts his schematics here I ll make the layouts myself.
Thanking in Advance.

Re:

Kinser Thanks, website is of help as far as building a sub using OPA541 in dual supply mode, now for the second part where I wanna build sub for car using OPA548 in single supply parralel mode, I look forward to "DIYers" for help.
Also any suggestions building sub using OPA549 parallel mode having OPamp filters third order maybe at the input stage will be welcome.
Rehan

read the app notes at www.national.com
search for lm3886 and look at the high power apps. most of the advice still applies.

when using 2 ICs, you should take steps to match the outputs -- gain and dc offset. for a single supply this shouldn't be hard -- tie the amps together after the output caps. i'd still run a 0.1 or 0.2 ohm resistor in series with the output to prevent one IC from suppling more current.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.