2 Unrelated questions -buffers and transformer mounting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The blue pot is Panasonic. I have 3 of them: 10K, 50K and 100k.

After reading all the raving about their sound, I was actually a bit disappointed after listening. The sound seems to be rather soft and a bit veiled. It may appeal to tube guys, but I prefer more air in the presentation. I also compared them to my fixed series Vishay, switched shunt Holco attenuator, and I didn't have any doubts which one wass better.

However the pot seems to be very well made and the the feeling of the shaft (when rotating) is better than anything I tried so far. Matching is wild card: 10K seems to be accurate within 0.2dB between channels, 50k is more like 1.5dB.

Attachments

• panasonic.jpg
    panasonic.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 333
Peter Daniel said:
The blue pot is Panasonic. I have 3 of them: 10K, 50K and 100k.

After reading all the raving about their sound, I was actually a bit disappointed after listening. The sound seems to be rather soft and a bit veiled... I prefer more air in the presentation...

Matching is wild card: 10K seems to be accurate within 0.2dB between channels, 50k is more like 1.5dB.

Thanks Peter.

It doesn't sound like s-c pot I am using. It is s-c but not Panasonic. It's made in Taiwan and come in 10K and 50K (I use) Log. The channel balance of the ones I've tested, none have been worse than 0.5dB and typically 0.3dB.

Maybe I should get somebody to try one of mine... ? Carlos, do you have PayPal?

Joe R.

that is CRAZY!!

That is the UK!

I have just read in another thread that Newark, who are owned by Farnell, provide information on the speaker drivers they sell. The same drivers sold by Farnell subsidiary, CPC, have no such information.

Good service seems to be a way of life in the USA whereas over here, the customer (at least the small one) is seen as a grovelling nuisance who doesn't deserve the time of day!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.