Newbie Q: Control volume of 5 amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Warning, I'm a newbie

:D

Hi,

I'm in the process of building 5 lm1875 amps (thanks to the tips of diyaudio members) for my dvd which has 5.1 output RCAs. My question now is how to control the volume of the 5 amps simulataneously. I figure that I could use 2 dual pots for the 2 front and the 2 rear channels, and a single pot for the center channel, totalling to three pots.

I've seen systems that have a master volume control, I was wondering how this can be done in my situation.

Thanks very much for any help...

hi,

george: yes I just ordered samples. but they don't ship to my country. good thing my sister lives in new york and they ship there...:D the DIP version is obsolete though. only the smd version is available. :xeye: but I will try it out first.

scott, thanks for the info. looks promising and they ship to my country.

thanks guys.

TheBat said:
hi,

george: yes I just ordered samples. but they don't ship to my country. good thing my sister lives in new york and they ship there...:D the DIP version is obsolete though. only the smd version is available. :xeye: but I will try it out first.

scott, thanks for the info. looks promising and they ship to my country.

thanks guys.

Aren't they controlled bt serial interfaces? doesn't that mean you need programmed PIC or similar to control it?

Hi Till!

Can you teach us the basis of programming a PIC to control the PGA?

This was the pupose why i made the page linked above.

You need a programmer and download the MPASMWIN from microchip.com

You could start with the code i provided and try to get a PGA working,next modify the code and you will learn the programming by doing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.