GC Measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Discussion1

If you think so....
...Your scope looks nice, but some readings not...

(If you want to somebody help you, set your scope....

I realize this is clipping a little oddly, I suspect the reason is that my signal source had a positive DC offset for those shots that I took. I'll look at this again and post the results but I don't think I need any help just yet. Thanks for offering though.

Why do the last few pictures look blurry on the scopes monitor?

You are referring to the power supply shots. These should be a straight line, but due to added noise they appear to be fat lines. They look fat because they are essentially showing a bunch of hash/noise that varies over time, so on a digital photo it looks like a really thick line.

Showdown somehow?
I don't remember seeing any shots for the Brian's gainclone either. Would be interesting to get some, but I can expect that from the builders only

Well, I don't think showdown, but lets see what everyone else is getting. I'm interested in frequency response, square wave response and power output, and whatever else you all think would be interesting. This way when someone builds one they can ensure that they are getting the results that they should be getting.

My old tek has a 2nd channel which does not work correctly most times. If there is a measurement which I could take using just channel 1, with a generator, I will post results for a point to point LM3875 chipamp I built last year. I bought the scope but never really learned to use it well.

If anyone wants to help and give me a set of guidelines to produce curves for comparison, my email is below. I should have an hour or two this weekend to play and would like to contribute.

Sandy.

Since you invited people to submit their GC measurements....I once did some comparison THD tests. One of the amps I measured was a LM3875TF inverted gainclone. The THD residual of my oscilator is -103dB.. this picture show the measurements of the gainclone...

Attachments

• lm3875t_8vpp.jpg
    lm3875t_8vpp.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 168
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.