Internet Explorer problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
browser version problem?

hi

the form submit on a thread posting page uses "input type=file".
for older versions of internet explorers(less than 4.0), a file upload add-on is required.

quote from microsoft's site:
The INPUT type=file element is available in HTML and script as of Internet Explorer 4.0. The file upload add-on is required to use the INPUT type=file element in Internet Explorer 3.02. Users can enter a file path in the text box or click the Browse button to browse the file system.

either upgrade your browser or get a fix for this.

i did a search in google for the fix... here
nb. use at own risk.

hope that helps

Re: browser version problem?

garbage said:
hi

the form submit on a thread posting page uses "input type=file".
for older versions of internet explorers(less than 4.0), a file upload add-on is required.

quote from microsoft's site:
The INPUT type=file element is available in HTML and script as of Internet Explorer 4.0. The file upload add-on is required to use the INPUT type=file element in Internet Explorer 3.02. Users can enter a file path in the text box or click the Browse button to browse the file system.

either upgrade your browser or get a fix for this.

i did a search in google for the fix... here
nb. use at own risk.

hope that helps
I have IE v.6.2 , means I think is not the problem.

dhaen said:
Firefox is a brilliant browser, available for most platforms. Security issues are plugged almost immediately, unlike IE which takes months or never.

Changed to firefox but this , did not fix the problem.

i think hes referring to the fact that internet explorer actually reduces the onscreen visible size(scale) of the image when viewing from within a window. internt explorer will do this when the image dimensions are larger than what is capable of being draw on the screen(monitor resolution)... there is an option in internet explorer settings to disable this. it was introduced in internet explorer 6 and is also in mozilla.

porfi4ever said:
Maybe because the file is too big? How can I reduce the file to fit here. I did not see any feature here to do that. thanks

my favourite freeware for reducing image size is easy thumbnail.

the max file size is 102400 bytes as stated, but in the form submit code, it is actually 2097152. i've not tried a larger file size than 102400 , so not sure if that is the actual limit.

one way to determine your file size is to fire up explorer and right click on that file and choose properties.

also, if you attached a file and do a preview, the file might need to be attached again before you actually submit your thread.

cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.