Chip Amps Huh??!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hallo poeple...
i got my hands on tda7295 i would like to use em in an amp im planning to build....but what exactly do they do...are they voltage AND current amplifier...what,,,, is it line signals that come in and full fledged 40 watt room shaking power that comes out???? or have i got the wrong idea about IC amps...what role do they play in the greater amplifier...are they just output buffers that give low output inpedance...huh huh huh??!!!!!!......please help .....:cannotbe:
...ALSO, if anyone has links to IC amps articles please leave em here.....all help will be greatly appreciated....

yeah i have but it doesnt explain how the chip fits into the whole amplifier system....there is a test board schematic which i suppose would be an amplifier itself...but i cant tell if its line (1-2Volts) signals that come in ....or perhaps there is some kind of pre-amp needed.....to amplify either volts...currnt? power?............
and what comes out? 40+watts ....what other parts....transconuctance/transrisitance....ish are needed ,maybe none?
basically are these chips supposed to be stand alone amplifiers...or just part of a bigger picture...

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Your best bet would be to spend some time reading through some of the threads on the board, although they may use different chips, the principles are basically the same.

Then, when you have more specific implementation questions when you start designing we can help you more easily.

ok i will...but i still'd like to know if ur supposed to use line signals to feed the amp......ive attached schematics to an IC amp....and this is typical.....but does that mean u connect ur walkman to something like this and then hey presto music....or is this just an output to further amplification components....thats all id like to know ....thanks:confused:

Attachments

• p19_fig1.gif
    p19_fig1.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 172
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.