DC Offset on a BrianGT GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My monoblock 3875 GCs, based on Brian's boards, both came up fine with the first turn-on, and the background is silent. They even produce pretty nice music when connected to workbench speakers (old Bose 301s - don't laugh, they are workbench only) and fed by a Discman headphone jack. Can't wait until I get some hours on them and feel comfortable moving them into one of my main systems. I'm getting about 40mv of DC offset with 8 ohm speakers attached. Does that sound OK, or should I look for a tweak to drop it further?

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
cantskienuf said:
My monoblock 3875 GCs, based on Brian's boards, both came up fine with the first turn-on, and the background is silent. They even produce pretty nice music when connected to workbench speakers (old Bose 301s - don't laugh, they are workbench only) and fed by a Discman headphone jack. Can't wait until I get some hours on them and feel comfortable moving them into one of my main systems. I'm getting about 40mv of DC offset with 8 ohm speakers attached. Does that sound OK, or should I look for a tweak to drop it further?

40mV sounds just fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Send me some pictures, and I can add them to my gallery.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.