TDA2040 Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone, im putting together the TDA2040 20Watt amp from this circuit schematic
http://www.electro-dan.co.uk/electronics/TDA2040.html

Its the first time i build with chip amps and actually putting all stuff together in a little box. So i was wondering (spell?) If there is something special i shall think about when i wiring everything up. I made the circuit + preamp on a "towerboard" (not a pcb) and im using 2 4700mFD 40V capacitors. I think i shall put the chip to the box and use the whole box as a heatsink.
It would be nice to hear if someone else has done this and tell me something about it
:)
Thanks

Bang & Olufsen will disagree with the version of the above story. :)

Old LX2502 Bang & Olufsen TV set, this came to the point having severe components aging problem (picture stability), and I did dismantle it for recycling, but I did kept it pair of speakers and this TDA2040 stereo amp.
This working with +/_ 20V DC it is written even over the PCB.

The plan is me to create a new power supply (just diodes bridge and transformer is what is needed).
I will combine two 12V 3A transformers, simply because I have them in my workshop.

While this project looks simple, I have to remove several unneeded components, and this will take significant time.

Attachments

• bang&olufsen-LX2502.jpg
    bang&olufsen-LX2502.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 170
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.