Question on gain setting when bridged

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd liked to build a multichannel amp(using LM4780) for home theatre (HT). I intend to parallel/bridged the front left/right and centre channels. While the surrounds channel will be single ended chip. Since it going to be for HT purposes, I'd want all channel to have the same gain.

Say, I configured the gain of the surround channels to 20. What will be the gain to be configured for each chip amp that are to be used in the bridge/parallel configuration so that the final gain from them will also be 20? I'm thinking since they are bridged, I should configure the gain to be 10 for each chip amp, since voltage swing will be doubled. Not too sure though.

Yes, the gain is doubled in bridged mode.
According to the application information gain should be between 10 and 50 (see page 17 of this doc .)
Maybe a gain of 10 is too close to the limit, I think you would be better of choosing 30 as gain for the singular devices and 15 for the bridged versions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.